The MSBGH recently held a webinar which was presented by DayTwo. This innovative company focuses on ways to help employers better assists and manage pre-diabetic and diabetic employees. Speakers included Josh Stevens, President, DayTwo and Dr. Jan Berger, Clinical Advisor, DayTwo.
Webinar discussion topics included:
- Understanding how each pre-diabetic or diabetic's body differs in how it processes and stores food
- How testing individuals can help in determining what foods are helpful to them (results of their findings were presented, A1C lowered, weight loss, more adherence in care plans)
- Learning how food can be used as a medicine to develop personalized plans that can help better manage pre-diabetic and diabetics
Key Take-a-ways included:
- By better understanding what foods are useful for pre-diabetic and diabetic employees, employers can greatly improve health and have more presenteeism at work while saving money for all
- Invitation for webinar participant employers to participate in a Beta-Test opportunity for free (offer expires October 31, 2019)
The full presentation can be found in the Members-Only section of the MSBGH webpage.