Americans love choice but many are overwhelmed due to the number of choices and the various sources of information. This is particularly true when it comes to healthcare and has lead to a rise in what is being called "healthcare consumerism".
According to The IHC, healthcare consumerism is defined as, “transforming an employer’s health benefit plan into one that puts economic purchasing power—and decision-making—in the hands of participants” (https://nrchealth.com/what-is-consumerism-in-healthcare/).
According to this study,
- 7 in 10 consumers feel they are responsible for managing their own health and admit that they don’t have the tools to do so
- 3 out of 10 are deferring necessary treatment in order to avoid the confusion and expense
- 4 out of 5 consumers admit to finding it difficult to compare cost and quality during the decision process
- 3 out of 4 feel their healthcare decisions are the most important and expensive decisions they’ll ever make
- 9 out of 10 want a guiding force to help them in their decisions
Join us on this webinar as we hear from one of the most successful healthcare navigators in MS. Lean what your organization should be doing to help your employees better understand and navigate through your health plan services.
The Mississippi Business Group on Health is the state's most powerful voice for employers in employer health and health care.